Week 10: Impact of Beverages
- Q. Why is alcohol bad?
- A. It disrupts digestion and interferes with neurotransmitters that affect our mood and brain function. It also puts more stress on the liver, which is the organ that metabolizes alcohol.
- Q. Can I drink flavored water?
- A. Most flavored waters entail artificial additives or sweeteners. Water infused with lemon, mint, cucumber or other fruits are a good option. Some stevia sweetened flavorings are also okay to add to water.
- Q. How much water do I need to drink?
- A. Drink half of your ideal body weight in ounces each day. For example, if your ideal body weight is 130lbs, then your goal is to drink 65oz of water a day.
- Q. What else can I drink besides water?
- A. Herbal teas, stevia flavored beverages and sparkling waters are good alternatives.